By Kendra Hennis
The regular monthly meeting of the Tuscola City Council was called to order at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, February 22.
The largest order of business in the evenings meeting was the scheduling of committee meetings for the fiscal year 2023 budget. City Administrator Drew Hoel explained that the meetings should be held in late March to allow for a draft to be considered at the April 11 council meeting. He stated that in the meetings, the committees should consider the discussion held from the discussion with the fire, police, and street departments. Committee meetings were scheduled for Monday, March 28 at 3 p.m., Public Safety committee of Mike Morris and Dave Slaughter; Tuesday, March 29 at 3:30 p.m., the Public Works committee of Alan Shoemaker and Troy Rund; Wednesday, March 30, at 4 p.m. the Finance & Administration committee of Juanita Brace and Terra Waldrop; and Thursday, March 31 at 4 p.m the Community Works & Development committee of Tim Hoey, Scott Day, and Mayor Dan Kless.
The council also:
* Approved the previous meeting minutes of the February 14, 2022 meeting and the February 22, 2022 special meeting.
* Approved the January 2022 financial report.
* Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $104,747.34.
* Approved an ordinance authorizing the ceding of private activity bonding authority. It was noted that this is completed annually. It allows for the reallocation to the Eastern Illinois Economic Development Authority all of its 20222 private activity volume bonding cap in the amount of $480,700. It was that that said private activity volume bonding cap shall be used to support projects that will provide job opportunities and new investments
* Approved an increase in park employees part-time wage to $12 an hour.
* Approved a promotion of Officer Taylor White to Patrol Officer 1 to $22.42 an hour effective the next pay period.
* Adjourned at 7:44 p.m. until the March 14 regular council meeting.