By Kendra Hennis
The meeting of the Douglas County Board was called to order at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, June 16 with all members present.
In addition to approving the consent agenda and presented resolutions, the board received reports on the state of Douglas County from RCP coordinator Joshua Taylor-Thomas and Douglas County Health Department Administrator Amanda Minor.
DCHD Administrator Minor stated that the health department continues to encourage those who have not to recieve their vaccinations, noting that they are still having issues in some communities. Minor said that the health department was planning on an immunization clinic in the Arthur Amish communities next month, and that the health department continues to hold weekly clinics. More information on those clinics can be found on the health department website or Facebook page.
RCP Coordinator Taylor-Thomas reported that the RPC currently has nine students enrolled in the work experience program at TCHS and that it is going well. He also said that the Douglas County Summer Meals program has started, with pickup in local communities. More information on the program can be found on the DCHD Facebook page.
The board also:
* Approved the payments of the county’s financial obligations.
* Approved the reports of fees of county offices.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-25 authorizing an agreement with the state of Illinois to deliver WIOA on the job training in Douglas County.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-26 to award the road repair contract as submitted for section 21-00126-00-PV in the amount of $12,430,896.24 to Beniach Construction Company Inc.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-27 to approve the supplemental resolution for maintenance under the Illinois Highway Code appropriating $17,250.00 of MFT funds for section 21-0000-00-GM.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-28, an extension of a declaration of emergency due to COVID-19.
* Noted that subcommittee report minutes would be available on the website following the meeting.
* Adjourned at 10:17 a.m. until the July 21 board meeting at 9 a.m.