By Kendra Hennis
The Douglas County Board met for their monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 17 at 9 a.m. with all members present.
Following a 2017 agreement, Douglas County Board members voted to approve forgiveness of drainage taxes in certain parcels located throughout the county. The board believed that they had previously voted on the matter, but found that they had additional parcels that needed to be taken care of. This lead to the approval of Resolution 21-R-9, the forgiveness of drainage taxes in certain parcels located in Arcola #2 annual drainage district. Approval of Resolution 21-R-10, forgiveness of drainage taxes in certain parcels located in Arcola #13 annual drainage district. As well as the approval of Resolution 21-R-11, forgiveness of drainage taxes in certain parcels located in Bowdre #6 annual drainage district and approval of Resolution 21-R-12, forgiveness of drainage taxes in certain parcels located in Kemp/#1 Bowdre annual drainage district.
The board then moved to appointments. These included the appointment of Dale Albin to Drainage District No. 13 of Tuscola and Arcola No. 64-L-10039, Darrell Thompson to Drainage District No. 10 of Arcola No. 64-L-4204 and Mark Whitson to Kemp Drainage District N0. 64-L-5596 until the first Tuesday in September, 2023.
The board also:
* Approval of the February 17 regular board meeting.
* Approved the reports of fees of county offices.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-7, an extension of declaration of emergency due to COVID-19.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-8, an amendment of the Douglas County 457 deferred compensation plan.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-13 to approve county bridge fund petition, section 21-01135-00-BR.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-14 to approve preliminary engineering services agreement section 21-01135-00-BR.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-15 to approve supplemental engineering services agreement for Motor Fuel Tax Section 04-05122-00-BR.
* Approved Resolution 21-R-16 to approve supplemental engineering service agreement for Motor Fuel Tax section 07-07123-00-BR.
* Approved Ordinance 21-0-1 to provide public transportation in Douglas County Illinois through Dial-A-Ride transportation services.
* Approved a special warranty for Section 5311 projects. This is a formal checklist talking about what the Dial-A-Ride program currently provides as well as a certification that they will follow the rules put in place by it.
* Adjourned at 9:47 a.m. until the April 21 board meeting at 9 a.m.