By Kendra Hennis
The meeting of the Tuscola City Council was called to order at 7:30 p.m. with all members present.
Following approval of the consent agenda, the council approved the fourth modification agreement with the Tuscola Chamber and Economic Development. This formally extends their agreement until the end of 2021. They additionally approved a lease extension with Bend in the River, Inc for 100 N. Main St. The extension is for the property currently occupied by The Vault and will be continued until February 1, 2022.
The council also:
* Approved the minutes of the March 8 regular board meeting.
* Approved the February 2021 Financial Report.
* Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $123,571.22.
* Approved the Tuscola Women’s Club Domestic Abuse Awareness March on April 24, 2021.
* Approved the TK Martin Memorial VFW Post 10009 Buddy Poppies on May 29, 2021.
* Was reminded of the upcoming election on April 6, TIF Delinquency Report, and upcoming and past committee meetings.
* Discussed the status of the old street shed. They are awaiting a final determination by the claims manager, but it seems that demolition and repair will be the route they have to go with.
* Discussed the anticipated local impact amount of the American Rescue Plan Act.
* Adjourned at 7:42 p.m. until the April 12 council meeting at 7:30 p.m.