Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 Joe and Sue Summerville Agricultural Scholarship. Wishing to preserve and grow the agricultural community, the Summerville Agricultural Scholarship will help a student pursue their education in an agricultural related field of study. Having grown up on a family farm, Sue is offering this scholarship in memory of her mother and father, Lois and Myron Riddle of Tuscola, Illinois. The deadline for application is Friday, February 19, 2021.
To be considered for the 2021 Joe and Sue Summerville $1,500 Agricultural Scholarship, successful applicants must meet the following requirements:
* They reside in Douglas County, Illinois and are a graduating senior from high school.
* Include a copy of high school transcripts.
* Plan on attending a 2 or 4-year college/university or trade school (fulltime) majoring in agriculture or an agricultural related field of study.
* Successfully meets and is accepted to their college or trade school choice. Please include a copy of letter of acceptance.
* Write a short one-page essay, single spaced, indicating their interest in agriculture, why they would be deserving of the scholarship, and demonstrate need if applicable.
* Successful applicant will be awarded $1,500 in two installments upon proof of registration to their institution. Installment will be mailed directly to the applicant’s institution he or she is attending.
Applications should be submitted to the Douglas County Farm Bureau office, 105 N. Main Street, Tuscola IL, 61953 no later than February 19. For more information about the Joe and Sue Summerville Agricultural Scholarship, contact Tyler Harvey at (217) 253-4442 or email@example.com