Give the gift of health this holiday season
Tis the season! There are always those hard to buy for friends and family on the list or even you have a hard time deciding what you really want. So why not make it personal and consider your health and the health of others. This could even be a start to a new tradition. Of course taking into consideration the recipient is always important as to ensure glad tidings are accepted.
The gift of a healthy lifestyle can come in many forms, so in a way can be just what the ‘doctor’ ordered! Let’s face it none of us are perfect so we could all use a little fine tuning in one way or another, so why not make it fun and beneficial at the same time.
If you are trying to eat healthier this year, lose weight or exercise more, the right tools can make all the difference. Having the right resources or gadgets can help make things a lot simpler, easier and safer.
Tis the season of giving, so give the gift of a healthy lifestyle in the form of:
1. Spice up your dishes – different flavored seasonings, sauces, vinegars, or oils to help enhance the flavors of your food
2. Healthy cooking demo – virtual or in person by registered dietitian Kristina Adams Smith from Sliced Right Nutrition
3. Healthy cookbooks or cooking magazine subscription – holiday related or something to use year round
4. Kitchen gadget – food prep item or low calorie cooking appliance; hot air popper, crock-pot, instapot, air fryer
5. Massage; personal training session or nutrition consult – depending on the recipient
6. Theme basket – wine, Mexican, Italian, cheeses
7. Pedometer, step tracker, fitbit or other exercise gadget
8. Healthy homemade food gifts – salsa, soup mix, low fat cookie recipe and mix
9. Fruit basket or fruit of the month clubs or even wine club!
10. Your time or help – certificate to help with chores, buddy system to go for walk, help grocery shopping, etc.
For more information on healthy meal planning and preparation contact registered dietitian, Kristina Adams Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org