1) Expiration dates: for driver’s licenses, identification (ID) cards, vehicle registrations and other transactions and document filings will be extended for the duration of the disaster proclaimed by Governor Pritzker and 30 days after the disaster ends. See more information and Illinois Secretary of State FAQ at www.cyberdriveillinois.com
2) Peace Meal: Sarah Bush Lincoln Peace Meal will deliver a warm meal to anyone who is homebound or anyone who is 60+. Monday-Friday between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. including: Villa Grove, Camargo, Fairland, Longview, Murdock, and surrounding rural areas. Carry out only available at for pick up. 610 Front Street Villa Grove.
If you know someone who needs daily delivery please contact Robin Call/text 217-722-6672 and leave a message. Link cards are accepted.
3) Toilet Paper Shortage: Refrain from disposing of anything besides toilet paper into the wastewater/sewer system, as items from personal hygiene to “flushable” wipes, baby wipes, paper towels etc., can clog up the sewer plant’s treatment equipment.
4) Digital and EBooks: If you have a library card Camargo Township District Library offers Digital and E-Books free of charge. With a great selection of books to choose from. For assistance in setting up an access account contact the library directly at 832-5211.
5) Heart Hunters: A group on Facebook dedicated to spreading love during this time of social distancing by encouraging the creative use of hearts in windows, sidewalks etc. Scavenger hunt the decorations on your next walk and share on their FB page!