The Embarras River Basin Agency, Inc. (ERBA), will begin accepting applications for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), beginning on:
• Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019 for households with members 60 years of age or older, or receiving disability.
• Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 for families with children under age 5 or under and disconnected households.
• Monday, Dec. 2, 2019 for all other eligible applicants.
LIHEAP is designed to assist income eligible households offset the rising cost of home energy.
Appointments will be taken Monday -Wednesday of each week. A determined number of applications will be taken each day, starting at 8:30 a.m. LIHEAP applications will be taken based on a first-come, first-served basis until May 31, 2020 or until funding is exhausted.
Applicants will need to bring with them:
• Proof of all household income for the 30-day period starting from the date of application,
• Proof of Social Security numbers for all members of the household
• Copy of current heating bill and electric bill.
• TANF/Human Services clients will also need to bring their medical card.
To qualify, these households must have incomes equal to or less than 150% of the poverty level. Income guidelines are based on past 30 day’s gross income beginning with the date of the application. For example, a single-person household can qualify with a monthly income of up to $1,561, a family of 4 can earn up to $3,219.
Starting Oct. 1, 2019, the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) applications will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis each month until available funding per county, per utility, and priority enrollment group is met. PIPP applications are taken from October 1- December 31, or until funding is exhausted.
ERBA serves Clark, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Jasper, Lawrence and
Richland Counties. If you have any questions, please contact your local ERBA office.
Residents should call for an appointment after the 16th of September.