Wheels Car Club brings 90 cars to Downtown Tuscola
Despite the five minute sprinkle, The Wheels Car Club’s 31st Annual Spring Fling Car Show drew over 90 cars from the surrounding areas and as far away as Attica, Ind. Participants and the public were treated to a wide variety of automobiles while taking in the tunes from Jim Easter and The Radio Kings.
In addition to the Top 31 cars, the following awards were given:
• Best of Show: Jerry & Judy Crosby, Pana, 1933 Buick Four Door
• The Candy Kitchen’s Sweetest Ride Award: Fred & Michelle Burks, Westville, 1937 Dodge D5 Sedan
• Best Paint: Lonnie VanLanken, Tuscola, 2019 Corvette G5
• Best Interior: Fred Manzke, Tuscola, 1957 Chevy 2 Door Sedan
• Best Engine: Phil Lamb, Tuscola, 1966 Dodge Charger
• Vintage Karma’s “Car-ma” Award: Aaron Williams, Champaign, 1965 Chevy “GloVan”
• The Vault Art Collective Award: Leroy & Donna Martin, Danville, 1951 Chevy Pickup
• Joe’s Pizza “Worth the Dough” Award: Rick & Karen Skidis, Sullivan, 2010 Corvette G5
• Sweet Soul Boutique: Harold Pankau, Tuscola, 1957 Chevy 210 Hard Top
• Club Participation: Coles County Corvette Cub
The Wheels Car Club would like to thank the Tuscola Pageant Queens for assisting with the trophies and Ford of Tuscola for donating door prizes. Each year more businesses get involved and this year was no exception. We love the collaboration that brings car enthusiasts and community members together to showcase the best Tuscola has to offer. We look forward to doing it again at next year’s Spring Fling.