Saturday’s weather cooperated for the 30th annual Wheels Car Club Spring Fling Show.
“We had cars from a 100-mile radius of Tuscola with a car count of 136 cars,” organizers said. Jim Easter and The Radio Kings provided 50s and 60s Rock n’ Roll music, and the top 30 awards were presented by participant voting.
- Best of Show: Dallas Hardig, Farmer City, 1950 Chevy Belair Conv. Custom
- The Candy Kitchen’s “Sweetest Ride”: Steve Witt, Mahomet, 1940 Ford Coupe
- Vintage Karma’s “Car-ma Award”: Gary Ricketts, Thomasboro, 1934 Chevy Woody
- The Vault Award: John Stivers, Champaign, 1963 Chevy Pick-up Truck
- Joe’s Pizza’s “Worth the Dough Award”: Vinnie Barbee, Decatur, 2014 Chevy Corvette
- Club Participation Award: Coles County Corvette Club
- Best Engine: Darvin Comer, St. Joseph, 1964 Corvette Coup
- Best Interior: Mick and Penny Mayniham, Ludlow, 1972 Chevy Impala
- Best Paint: Craig Sawyer, Thomasboro, 1965 Chevy Pick-up Truck
The Wheels Car Club would like to thank the following: City of Tuscola, Tuscola Tourism, the downtown businesses, pageant queens, and everyone who made this a successful event.